H. D. Deve Gowda ministry
H. D. Deve Gowda was sworn in as Prime Minister of India on 1 June 1996. In his initial ministry the ministers were as follows.
Ministers of State (Independent Charge)
- Bolla Buli Ramaiah, Ministry of Commerce.
- Dilip Kumar Ray, Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying in the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Ramakant Khalap, Department of Legal Affairs, Legislative Department and Department of Justice.
- Sis Ram Ola, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- Yoginder K Alagh, Ministry of Planning and Programme Implementation and Ministry of Science and Technology.
Ministers of State
- R. Dhanuskodi Athithan, Department of Youth Affairs and Sports in the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Mohd. Maqbool Dar, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Muhi Ram Saikia, Department of Education in the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- N. V. N. Somu, Ministry of Defence.
- Satpal Maharaj, Ministry of Railways.
- S.R. Balasubramoniyan, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- T. R. Baalu, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.